Monday 18 November 2013

Pumpkin soup

This is a recipe that I love to do when I don't have too much time, feel for something to warm me up after a cold and rainy day. It can easily be served as a starter to a fancy dinner or just as tonight, for my on my own.




Ingredients

1 chopped onion
500 g pumpkin, chopped into small pieces
600 ml vegetable stock
200 ml double cream 
2 teaspoonfuls butter

nutmeg

How to do this:  

Melt the the butter in a large saucepan, add the chopped onion and saute over a low heat until tender.
Add the pumpkin to the pan along with the vegetable stock. Bring to boil then simmer until the pumpkin is soft.
Take of the stove to allow the soup to cool down a little, then add about 2 teaspoons of nutmeg, salt & pepper according to taste. Blend in a food processor until smooth (careful here not to burn yourself).
Reheat the soup carefully when ready to serve, make sure it doesn't start boiling. Add the cream. Stir and serve!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment